What Personal Information Does the Company Collect and Why?
The Company, through its network of company-owned and franchised local Spirit of Math campuses, collects personal information of its students in the normal course of doing business. “Personal information” is any information that could be used to identify a student and, depending on the nature of your interaction with us, may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- Name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers of student and their parent or guardian;
- E-mail address;
- Payment information, including credit card numbers where used as a form of payment;
- Educational background, records and related information;
- Medical information that you may provide.
The Company may use your Personal Information to provide you with program services, enrichment tools and information. For example, the Company may:
- Contact you to discuss a student’s progress;
- Provide you with information and updates regarding programs or materials that the local Spirit of Math Schools have to offer and which the Company and the local Spirit of Math campus think will interest you;
- Respond to your requests for information, services and products;
- Improve the Company’s and the local Spirit of Math campus services to better understand and meet educational enrichments needs.
The Registration form requests permission to use students photographs for promotional and for training Purposes, which requires your initials for each purpose, along with your signature and the date. In limited circumstances, the Company may contact you and ask for your permission to use a name of a student in its marketing. This will only be done with your express consent and signature, and normally would be used only when listing awards and achievements, and for the use of a partial name in testimonials.
Does the Company Disclose Personal Information?
The Company does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, the Company may, on occasion, share some or all of your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes set out above. For example, Personal information may be shared:
- With other Spirit of Math Campuses or entities affiliated with the Company for the purposes of providing you with services and information;
- With third parties that provide the Company with services, such as processing and marketing.
How Does the Company Protect the Personal Information It Collects?
The Company has implemented appropriate safeguards and security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Security measures adopted by the Company include limiting the number of individuals with access to your Personal Information. All affiliates, suppliers, agents, employees and other parties performing services on our behalf who handle Personal Information are bound to maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Accuracy and Access
We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information we hold for each student is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You have the right to access your Personal Information in our files and to update or remove that information as necessary, subject to any legal restrictions that would prohibit such action. To access your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephone, e-mail or post at the numbers and address provided below. Please be sure to specify what information requires updating or removal.
Email Privacy statement:
Spirit of Math adheres to the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and all commercial electronic messages (CEMs) offer a safe unsubscribe option.
Concerns about your Privacy
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, confidentiality, or how a request for Personal Information has been handled by the Company, please contact the Company’s Privacy Officer at:
Spirit of Math Schools Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
101 – 1446 Don Mills Rd.,
Canada M3B 3N3
Last Update: May 2016